A number of articles that I have written or co-authored have been published over the years. Below is a partial list of those articles with links (when available).
– Benefits of Early Mediation: Why Not Save Some Time and Money?, Vol. 58, No. 1, Orange County Lawyer Magazine, Jan. 2016
– Recent Changes to Circular 230 Make Written Tax Opinions Less Expensive and More Accessible, Vol. 57, No. 3, Orange County Lawyer Magazine, Mar. 2015.
– Several Tax Law Changes In Store For 2014 (Co-Authorship with Carly McKeeman), Vol. 127, No. 4, Los Angeles Daily Journal 5, Jan. 7, 2014.
– Nonrecognition of Warrants Exchanged in a Corporate Reorganization, Vol. 18, No. 7, The M&A Tax Report 6, Feb. 2010.
– All in the Family: Castle Harbour Gives New Meaning to Extended Family, Vol. 18, No. 6, The M&A Tax Report 1, Jan. 2010.
– Review: State Unclaimed Property Laws: Best Practices for Compliance 2009, Vol. 18, No. 6, The M&A Tax Report 7, Jan. 2010.
– M&A: What You Need to Know Now 2009 (Co-Authorship with Christopher Karachale & Richard Tay), Vol. 18, No. 5, The M&A Tax Report 3, Dec. 2009.
– Continuity of Interest and Creditors (Co-Authorship with Rob Wood), Vol. 17, No. 7, The M&A Tax Report, Feb. 2009.
– Reconsidering Rescission, Vol. 17, No. 6, The M&A Tax Report 4, Jan. 2009.
– Alternative Approaches to Subtrust Funding in a Declining Economy, Journal of Practical Estate Planning, Dec. 2008 to Jan. 2009.
– How to Fund and Administer Post-Death Subtrusts in a Declining Economy, 12 Chap. L. Rev. 279, 301, Fall, 2008.
– Our Nation Needs a Simplified Health Savings Account System, Vol. 121, No. 3, Tax Notes 315, Oct. 20, 2008.
– Escrows and the New 468B Regulations, Vol. 17, No. 2, The M&A Tax Report 1, Sept. 2008.
– Subtrust Funding in a Declining Economy, Vol. 120, No. 6, Tax Notes 567, Aug. 11, 2008.
– Review of PLI’s Tax Planning for Domestic and Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures and Other Strategic Alliances 2008, Vol. 17, No. 1, The M&A Tax Report 4, Aug. 2008.
– Identity Theft – Who Cares About Sticks and Stones?, Vol. 47, No. 4, Orange County Lawyer Magazine, Apr. 2005.
– 2003 California Surety Case Law Update, Western States Surety Conference, 2003.
– The Trial, Lecture Materials for ABA Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Convention, 2003.
– From 2008 to the present, I have had the privilege of being a frequently published product reviewer and interviewer for DRUM! Magazine. These publications include, among others, the following cover articles for DRUM! Magazine: (1) Snare Drum Roundup, Drum Set Roundup and Greatest Gear Moments in Drum History published in 2011, 2012 and 2013, respectively; and (2) my interview of famed drummer Neil Peart of Rush – the featured cover article for the October 2012 edition of DRUM! Magazine. More recently, I am also writing feature articles for DRUM! on topics including: (1) how to buy your first drum kit; (2) ways to improve your practice routine; and (3) how to play a live gig.